[Fixed] “Same match" problem in Beach Tournaments

John Doe 129
+2
2021-01-25 • 2292 Aufrufe • 5 replies

In beach volleyball, some pairs can face each other more than once during the tournament, (i.e. 1 in the group phase and 1 in the latter stages if both of them qualify) but seemingly in Beach Volleybox, you can't add 2 matches between same pairs into a single tournament. “Match already exists” warning appears in the page when you try to do it (switching the home/away places also not working). There is no such issue in Men/Women Volleybox.

Volleybox 440
vor 3 Jahre
+2

As I see match between these two teams already exists in database for the same day (2021-01-23):

It works the same for an indoor volleyball. Our validation checks if match of the same two teams in the same day already exists.

John DoeAuthor 129 24
vor 3 Jahre
+1

@Volleybox Thanks for the explanation. As I understand there should be at least 24 hours between two matches because those two matches are not in same day. The first match, in Australian time, was on January 23rd 10:30 am and the second match was on the next day (January 24th) 8:15 am. (They are not in same day in my time zone as well)

Edit: I found a way to do it. You can add the match on different day (more than 24 hours apart) then edit its time. It works. Here is the example. (I will remove the duplicate match)

John DoeAuthor 129 24
vor 3 Jahre
+1

@Volleybox This alternative method does not work anymore. I don't know whether this type of situation ever happened in World Tour but it can happen in those 2-day long National tournaments. Moreover, in German Beach Trophy Tournaments that I recently added, the playoffs are in "best of 3" / “best of 5” format and at least two of those matches are played on same day. So is there any possibility to deactivate this validation check feature for Beach Volleybox?

For example there are 2 Betschart/Stubbe vs Aulenbrock/Ferger matches today and I can't add the second match. For the moment, I changed the date of 2nd match to tomorrow in order to be able to add the match but it's wrong. Also if each team win 1 match today, the 3rd match will be played and I won't be able to add it either)

Volleybox 440
vor 3 Jahre
+2

@pedeshtrian you're right.

Validation rule have been redefined. Now for a beach volleyball it checks if two matches between same teams have been played at the same time (not at the same day as it is in a case of indoor volleyball).

John DoeAuthor 129 24
vor 3 Jahre
+1

@Volleybox That's perfect. ?? Thanks.

Temporarily disabled
Bewertungen von VolleyballvereineWie lauten die Meinungen zu Volleyballvereine?Bewertungen lesenBewertungen von Volleyballvereine
Wie lauten die Meinungen zu Volleyballvereine?Bewertungen lesen