[Fixed] Saving Roster Photos not working

sitenoise 334
+4
2021-08-29 • 6131 Aufrufe • 24 replies

Don't know if this is leftover from the server switch, but since then I haven't been able to save or change a roster photo. The Edit Button changes to “Loading” and spins for 30 seconds or so, and then just goes back to “Edit”.

Maybe relevant, maybe not, but it seems like every time I close out of the failed roster photo operation the next place I try to navigate to punts to that Cloudflare Error “offline”. But if I immediately hit reload I'm back in. It's as if the roster photo dive thinks it's back over at the old server ?

avid 102 8
vor 2 Jahre
+1

A roster photo as in the team photo? Or just a profile picture for a player? 

I just tried both and didn't have an issue. 

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
vor 2 Jahre
+1

@avid the roster photos that go with yearly rosters. Wallpapers and profile pics are working fine

probably me and my browsers. tried all three, tho

avid 102 8
vor 2 Jahre
+1

@sitenoise weird. It worked fine for me on Chrome. 

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
vor 2 Jahre
+2

@avid thank you for testing. I run into this kinda nonsense from time to time

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
vor 2 Jahre
+1

@avid here's a new wrinkle. I was able to add a new one to NIFS 2021-22

Still can't replace one. I even tried deleting the old one first. Would you see if you can add this photo to Shin-ai High School 19-20 ?

https://i.postimg.cc/RFBg8n4P/Shin-ai-19-20.jpg

avid 102 8
vor 2 Jahre
+1

@sitenoise weird, that one didn't work 

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
vor 2 Jahre
+1

@avid hmm … something about replacing them. If you'd be so kind as to test another, try replacing Brilliant Aries 2021-22 with this one:

https://i.postimg.cc/7h3vTyX6/2021-22-Brilliants-Aries-2.jpg

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
vor 2 Jahre
+1

@avid That Shin-ai 19-20 that was empty was empty because I had deleted the image that was there , btw

avid 102 8
vor 2 Jahre
+1

@sitenoise that one worked fine I think 

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
vor 2 Jahre
+2

@avid yep … And it's weird that I was able to re-replace yours after not being able to just replace it before. Something odd about that Shin-ai one. Still can't put one there. 
Thank you very much for your time

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
vor 2 Jahre
+1

I don't know what it is but I'm still having problems saving/replacing roster photos. I've tried 3 browsers including Safari which doesn't use any shit blocking extensions

https://women.volleybox.net/toyota-auto-body-queenseis-t2577/players 2021-22

just hangs and says 
“Some cookies are misusing the recommended “sameSite“ attribute”
"Loading failed for the <script> with source “https://static.cloudflareinsights.com/beacon.min.js”.

John Doe 129 24
vor 2 Jahre
+2

@sitenoise I checked the issue in my 2 browsers (Opera and Chrome) The result is that I can save the roster photo if the team does not have any uploaded photo for that year but I couldn't replace the already existed team photo. It's stuck on “loading” then it fails.

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
vor 2 Jahre
+1

@pedeshtrian thanks for giving it a test.

At first I misread your post, and it got me thinking … what if there are no players yet for the year, or if there are players but no jersey numbers? Anything weird? So I tried a bunch of different things but couldn't find any patterns. 

BUT, I did discover something interesting:

I tried to add this image to Toyota 2021-22 (which is empty) and couldn't:
https://i.postimg.cc/9MXdTfzz/mainimg18.jpg 

I tried adding that (Toyota) image to Hisamitsu 2021-22 (which is empty) and couldn't.

So, for testing, I saved the Hisamitsu 2020-21 roster photo to my computer and was able to upload it to Hisamitsu 2021-22 successfully. I was also able to add that Hisamitsu 2020-21 roster photo to Toyota 2021-22 as well.

I tried to replace the Hisamitsu photo with the Toyota photo unsuccessfully (at Toyota 2021-22).

This suggests it's an issue with certain photos …. ?? These have all been .jpg**

**Oddly tho, the way Safari (Mac) saves, for example, the Hisamitsu 2020-21 photo:
https://volleybox.net/media/upload/roster_photo/16035027593xWVc.png

is it saves it as a .jpg while Fox Browsers want to save it as a .webp which just complicates matters. But I tried resaving and converting the Toyota photo every different way and still can't add it anywhere. So it remains a mystery

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
vor 2 Jahre

So yeah, it's something with certain photos, not the “bucket” (so to speak) we're trying to put them into

Both @avid and myself were unable to add this photo to Shinai Girls 19/20
https://i.postimg.cc/RFBg8n4P/Shin-ai-19-20.jpg 

BUT I can add the Hisamitsu 20/21 roster photo to Shinai Girls 19/20

I wonder if some of these photos have some kind of DRM going on

John Doe 129 24
vor 2 Jahre
+2

@sitenoise Now, I can't upload any roster photos even the same photo I uploaded earlier to test the issue. At the moment, nothing is working for me. I tried to upload Hisamitsu 20/21 roster photo to Shinai Girls 19/20 since you said that you were able to add it but it also failed. It is weird.

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
vor 2 Jahre
+2

@pedeshtrian that is weird. And “comes and goes” problems are the worst to try and solve

John Doe 129 24
vor 2 Jahre
+1

@sitenoise Yes, exactly.

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
vor 2 Jahre
+1

Still having problems adding/replacing Roster Photos. It must be something in the Photos. I can add the Hisamitsu Springs 2020-21 roster photo to The NEC Red Rockets 2021-22 roster , but I can't save this photo to NEC 2021-22

I have a couple dozen photos set aside I've been unable to add, waiting for this issue to improve. The season is about to begin and it's a shame so many roster photos can't be added

John Doe 129 24
vor 2 Jahre
+3

@sitenoise This issue is very weird. It seems to me that this is not depend on the file size or file format, some photos just can not be uploaded. Sometimes you can upload a 2 MB roster photo sometimes you can't upload 400 kB photo. Some “.png” or “.jpg” files work, some don't. For example I added roster photos for European Games 2015 tournament but I couldn't upload the roster photos for 5 teams. I give this example because all photos are taken from the same CEV album. I tried to reduce the size of those teams' roster photos or change the file format but t didn't work.

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
vor 2 Jahre
+1

@pedeshtrian It's a head scratcher. I've tried resizing and reformatting as well. Tried changing the “color profile” of the image, even though I don't know what that means. Tried taking a screenshot of the image. No luck

John Doe 129 24
vor 2 Jahre
+2

@sitenoise Only thing we can do now is to wait. ? Hope @Volleybox will return soon.

I added “[Open]” to your topic title by the way in order to indicate the problem is still going on.

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
vor 2 Jahre
+2

@pedeshtrian Good idea, thanks. 
We got spoiled back when the Captain was here all the time

vor 2 Jahre
+4

Something should be definately done about this.  It is becoming really frustrating, that you can't upload roster photos, especially when those are some old ones that you previously had to dig deep into archive in order to find them. Seems to me that now majority of teams (and seasons) can't have their roster photo uploaded. Hope this can be fixed.

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
vor 2 Jahre
+2

This is a real shitty problem. I have dozens of Roster photos piling up. Keeping track of them all and where they came from is just stupid. Can you weigh in on this please @Volleybox 

Temporarily disabled
Volleyballergebnisse vorhersagenSuchst du nach Volleyball-Emotionen?Volleyballergebnisse vorhersagenVolleyballergebnisse vorhersagen
Suchst du nach Volleyball-Emotionen?Volleyballergebnisse vorhersagen