[Closed] setting award regulations for super cup

+2
2021-04-14 • 2533 Aufrufe • 5 replies

As we all know, the Supercup (held in almost all European leagues) is more like an event than a tournament, with only one game before the beginning of the season. The only officially given title in the super cup is the MVP.

However, I have noticed that people have added other awards such as “Best Spiker" or “Best Scorer” in some editions of super cups. It does not make sense to add these awards for a single game, especially if it's not officially awarded.

So I was wondering if it's possible to ensure that only MVP can be added for Supercup pages. Some editions that need to be fixed:

S…k 717 16
vor 2 Jahre
+3

I completely agree with you, I fixed it, thank you.
The problem is that people are adding tons of awards for their favorite players in order to make them rise in the rankings, and contrary to transfers for example their is no proof needed so we don't know whether it's true or not.

For the Supercups other awards than MVP should be refused though.

breakingiceAuthor 20 4
vor 2 Jahre
+2

@Sherlock I understand. I've seen that in multiple tournament pages, where random names of players are added for awards. I also see cases where the same player is listed twice, for instance as best receiver/best OH and best spiker/best OP. Since the best team awards were given out by FIVB starting from 2013~2014, I think it's best if such awards are deleted for tournaments held before then unless there is specific evidence proving otherwise.

I also suggest that maybe there should be a process in which we can check proof for player awards, or perhaps require a link for evidence even when adding.

S…k 717 16
vor 2 Jahre
+2

@breakingice Yes that's what we, moderators, have been asking for a long time. How can we know that xxx was best opposite of the 2011/12 Azeri League ? We need proofs.

sitenoise 334 9
vor 2 Jahre
+2

@Sherlock @breakingice  Sourcelessness is a drag. I always try to post the awards from their source in a news item

The recent revamp of the awards section was meant to take into account the changing player position labels that resulted in OHs who couldn't pass a ball if their life depended on it winning “best receiver” award (because OH used to be thought of like that, I guess) and:

1. The awards given out by the League or FIVB, or whomever is the responsible organization (Award Winners)
  2. Statistical winners (Player Positions)

But then there is that weird thing (at least) Japan does in honoring a “Best Six” with garnish for libero, fighting spirit, receiver, and fair play. 

@breakingice have a look at Japan 2020-21. For example, Jana Kulan was a “Best 6” (Award Winner) and was the League's Top Scorer (Player Positio/Statistical Winner). So she is there twice (as are a few others). I know why it's like that but now that you bring it up it might seem rigged or gamed to someone unfamiliar with the situation … without sources … So then look at the News Items

We really really need sources, and people interested in posting them

breakingiceAuthor 20 4
vor 2 Jahre
+1

@sitenoise I understand what you are saying. I am aware that the Japanese League awards both Best Team and Statistical Winners, which actually makes it a lot more simple because they choose a player for every available spot. 

However, FIVB tournaments and most leagues (Turkey, Italy, China, Korea, etc) have changed their awarding system from statistical winners to positional awards starting from 2014, so I see a problem when people write the same player down twice when clearly positional awards weren't given back then.

Temporarily disabled
SpielerinnenrankingWer ist der beste Volleyballspieler aller Zeiten?Spielerranking anzeigenSpielerinnenranking
Wer ist der beste Volleyballspieler aller Zeiten?Spielerranking anzeigen