About postponed/canceled matches

sitenoise 334
+1
2021-01-11 • 1358 views • 8 replies

Sorry, I forget what we are doing with them. If they are for sure canceled and won't be played we can/should delete them. But what about matches that are “up in the air”, so to speak? Is there a "postponed" tag we can put on them? Or is that an implementation nightmare for such a small case scenario?

I'm a little concerned because now that we have a new feature to encourage folks to score un-scored matches  someone will just score these matches with random nonsense. 

Dorien 61 5
3 years ago
+1

I would like to know it too, I set the date on 31 May at the moment. And then regularly check whether new dates have been released or not. In some competitions it is guessing whether the matches will still be played or cancelled.

Volleybox 440
3 years ago
+1

For now there isn't “postponed” tag for matches.

The best solution would be changing date of matches just like @Dorien does.

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
3 years ago
+1

Sounds good

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
3 years ago
+1

Is there a way to TAG a match as “forfeited”? To differentiate it from an actual “loss”? 

Japan's V.League Division 2 is chopping off the 3rd round of the tournament and not rescheduling any 2nd Round matches that were ‘postponed’. And if it was a team's refusal to participate initially (not a league or government decision) they must go in the books as a forfeit. Or something like that.

Even more nuts is: What do I do with a match that was played but is being deleted by the League? It won't count towards the ranking. (It was the first match of the 3rd Round). I guess I just delete it as well ?

S…k 717 16
3 years ago
+1

@sitenoise If you're talking about a defeat by 3-0 due to a forfeit, I cancel them because matches are considered as “not played”.

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
3 years ago
+1

@PierreFoucault  It's still unknown to me how the league is handling the ‘forfeited’ matches. That is, does the ‘winning’ team get 3 points or not? 

To complicate matters some of the matches were cancelled by government decree so who forfeited those? I will delete those.

But either way, I think I'll go with your advice and delete all the “not played” matches. It will only make the “Table” incorrect. I can still rank the teams properly (and turn off the Table)

S…k 717 16
3 years ago
+1

@sitenoise Yeah, normally it is 3 points for the winner and even a 25-0, 25-0, 25-0 score if there's a forfeit. You guys in Japan have weird rules sometimes but it's probably like that nevertheless ?

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
3 years ago
+1

I re-dated a bunch of the “postponed” matches to the latest date of the Japan V.League Division 2 2020/21 tournament to 2021.03.06 (both from Round 2 & 3). They have now been officially cancelled. But I'm unable to delete them: 

[Update] It turns out the matches are deleted, but that error message came up every time

[Update 2] It was a little tricky deleting the last one as the footer overlaps where the “Delete Match” is:

Predict volleyball scoresAre you looking for volleyball emotions?Predict volleyball scoresPredict volleyball scores
Are you looking for volleyball emotions?Predict volleyball scores