How many players retire each year?

sitenoise 334
+4
2020-12-18 • 1037 views • 8 replies

This is another one for the shelf behind the back burner: I'd love to be able to filter the database to show who, and how many players “finished their career” each year.

J. P. 135 3
3 years ago
+1

That would actually be quite interesting

Volleybox 440
3 years ago
+2

@sitenoise @JP https://volleybox.net/players-retire-year-by-year 

It has been around for several years on the website. This situation proves that navigation through the website content is not fully understandable to users.

J. P. 135 3
3 years ago
+1

@Volleybox O I just realised it now that it's there under database. Sorry, my bad

S…k 717 16
3 years ago
+1

@Volleybox Actually I knew this option and I used it a few times, very interesting. But when I click on “What age do players retire”, nothing happens, am I the only one ? That's a shame because this question looks really interesting and I'd like to see what answers are behind this question.

Volleybox 440
3 years ago
+2

@Sherlock it have been just fixed, thanks ??

S…k 717 16
3 years ago
+1

@Volleybox Perfect ! Which player retired at 65, this is amazing ? I want to know, is there a way to do that ? I think maybe users should be able to click on the number and have the list of players which retired at that age.

Volleybox 440
3 years ago
+2

@Sherlock that would be nice improvement, maybe it will be implemented sometime. I don't know when (just look on the bug reports on the forum, it needs a lot of implementation).

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
3 years ago
+1

@Volleybox  LOL I don't think putting it right there in front of my face and me not seeing it is a problem with the navigation of the web site. ?

I have seen that, too, but what I want to do is filter it by country (or club/league?, but that's less likely) so I can get a picture of how many players come in versus how many go out for the teams I'm interested in. 

Ideally … somehow, but not likely … integrate it with the “Clubs View” of the Transfers page, which is very cool as it is now. If I filter it by “Club Country”=Japan and “Transfers View”=Club View" and scroll to ‘Brilliant Aries’ I see they have 9 players coming in and zero going out. 

“Retiring” doesn't have anything to do with Transfers, but the “data picture” I'm looking for would add the fact that five players retired from Brilliant Aries (so they are 9 in 5 out). Even if I had to go to the “Retired Players” readout and filter it by Japan and then sort it by team. 

Is there maybe already a way to do this that I'm missing?

Get volleyball job offersAre you looking for a new volleyball club?Get job offersGet volleyball job offers
Are you looking for a new volleyball club?Get job offers