In Turkey two queens for a throne.

In Turkey two queens for a throne.

Vincenzo 2022-08-06 • 810 views • 2

@Vincenzo  #Turkey #PaolaEgonu #TijanaBošković 

Before the last Europeans, Terzic, the coatch of Serbia who was the favorite of the tournament, declared that between Taijana Boscovich and Paola Egonu, there was no history as the Taijana had an unique continuity and mental strength. 

I think that the arguments were mostly based on the poor performance of the blue at the Tokyo Olympics, where in the quarter-finals Serbia had eliminated Italy with a sharp 3-0, (Boscovich 24 points - Egonu 16). That day Italy certainly played badly but there are other reasons: first Serbia had a much more experienced and experienced team than the Italian one, and the setter Maja Ognjenović has a quality not comparable to that of the Orru / Malinov couple; second, Mazzanti, instead of running in the national team, he had foolishly chosen to relegate it to retreat, sending a team of inexperienced and in some cases technically inconsistent Juniors to play in VNL (2021), while the seniors fooled around in the gym and, according to him, they warmed their fingers on social media, with the result of arriving in Tokyo psychologically discharged and without the necessary fighting spirit. 

Having said that, I think that Paola Egonu is unrivaled for her indisputable greater shooting and jumping power, but also for her ability to attack from any position by varying the strength, angle and timing of the shots; she also she can be lethal in serve and she knows how to assert herself against the wall, and finally even if she is 1.93 cm is not despicable even when she defends, where on some occasion she has performed in acrobatic rescues. 

However, several things have happened since that day: Paola Egonu took the gold medal and the title of MVP of the Tournament to the Europeans, silencing the screaming 20,000 Belgrade fans, with 29 points scored against Boscovitch's 20; Terzic is no longer at the helm of the Serbian national team, and has been replaced by the Italian Santarelli; Serbia did not let Boscovitch play at the VNL, and Paola took another gold medal, an MVP, and the title of best opponent of the tournament, and also set the new world speed record in spiker with 112, 7 Km / h. 

Now that Paola Egonu has left Imoco Conegliano and moved to Turkia at the Vakifbank, she will have several opportunities to cross the gloves with Tijana Boscovich who has been playing for some time in Eczacıbaşı.

Maybe they become friends or maybe not, but we will certainly see some good ones. 

2 comments

M…7 24 1
1 year ago

I really hope Tijana goes to other club next year, I'm so tired of this Eczacibasi bull. 

VincenzoITAuthor 25 2
1 year ago

@Mariooo_97 Yup! Also in my opinion it should change the air, I do not think it will be able to give great satisfaction by staying where it is. I am convinced that he would like to play in Italy, and all those who love volleyball would be happy.

Predict volleyball scoresAre you looking for volleyball emotions?Predict volleyball scoresPredict volleyball scores
Are you looking for volleyball emotions?Predict volleyball scores