Mauro Berruto's list of players for World League 2012

pearl 2012-03-29 • 4990 views • 36

Mauro Berruto's list of players for World League 2012 Alzatori: Dragan Travica (Lube Banca Marche Macerata), Dante Boninfante (M.Roma Volley), Michele Baranowicz (Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo), Marco Falaschi (Bcc-Nep Castellana Grotte)

Opposti: Michal Lasko (KS Jastrzębski Węgiel), Giulio Sabbi (M.Roma Volley), Luca Vettori (Club Italia)

Centrali: Luigi Mastrangelo (Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo), Alessandro Fei (Sisley Belluno), Simone Buti (Acqua Paradiso Monza Brianza), Emanuele Birarelli (Itas Diatec Trentino), Stefano Patriarca (Marmi Lanza Verona), Giorgio De Togni (Sisley Belluno), Enrico Cester (Andreoli Latina)

Schiacciatori: Cristian Savani (Lube Banca Marche Macerata), Simone Parodi (Lube Banca Marche Macerata), Ivan Zaytsev (M.Roma Volley), Jiri Kovar (Lube Banca Marche Macerata), Gabriele Maruotti (M.Roma Volley), Samuele Papi (Copra Elior Piacenza), Francesco De Marchi (Fidia Padova), Filippo Lanza (Itas Diatec Trentino)

Liberi: Andrea Giovi (Energy Resources San Giustino), Andrea Bari (Itas Diatec Trentino), Salvatore Rossini (Acqua Paradiso Monza Brianza)

#WorldLeague2012 #Italy #MauroBerruto

36 comments

pearlITAuthor 1003 11
12 years ago
@Kjeldhor: WOW mate, I was thinking exactly the same thing!!! As I already posted in Regoular Season Discussion, I watched Macerata-Padova and Natale played well (better than Travica, for sure!!). And what you have remarked is absolutely true: he's been training with half on our NTfor a whole season now...and he's just 36 or something...so he perfectly fits Berruto's proposal of regenarating our NT with new and young guys (Mastro, Fox, Papi)!!! ROTFL
ZytaPL 1332 11
12 years ago
Pearl I have not enough stories to write a book hahahaha ?
KjeldhorIT 1059 17
12 years ago
+2
But why not Monopili as a second setter? he has training whit 50% of this NT lol
pearlITAuthor 1003 11
12 years ago
You should write a book on him then!! A sort of "Matteo Martino Unofficial Gossip Biography" LOL
ZytaPL 1332 11
12 years ago
Oh yes, my dear pearl ? From that moment I know a bit more but I bet this is a drop in the sea of stories about him ?
pearlITAuthor 1003 11
12 years ago
@Zyta: I know! We already discussed the matter, do you remember? ?
ZytaPL 1332 11
12 years ago
+1
It's not even about muscles and hair. It's about ego. Trust me, Lube can write a story about him and it will be as long as Harry Potter series.
pearlITAuthor 1003 11
12 years ago
+2

Martino is better then Parodi in physic and tecnique, but he got a big problem, his mind

I partly agree with you. In terms of physical strenght Martino is definetely stronger than Parodi; but technically imho Simone is superior, more precise, more elegant and even smarter 'cause he can play with the opponents' s blocks better than Matteo can. In a way, they remind me Giani and Bernardi: Andrea was huge and strong when spiking, Lollo was precise and used to play with intelligence. The truth is that two players like Martino and Parodi should play together 'cause since their so different they complete each other as well as the rest of the team. BUT, as Zyta has brilliantly written here below, we won't see Martino in NT anymore. Not for the moment for sure. It's a pity, I agree, 'cause he could be one of our best players ever...he could be a star!!! But since he prefers to look after his muscles and his hair...well, i think we can go on with our NT even without him.
ZytaPL 1332 11
12 years ago
+1
Martino said at the beginning of this season he won't play in NT because of some people from his ex-club, who are in NT now. Looking at squad of Lube last year it must be about Savani and Berruto. At the end of the last season he didn't talk to almost anyone there. Forget about him, with this character he will never be good teammate. Of course he was motivated in modena simply because he found out that beach volley is not so brightful and shining and they are better than him in this sport. And he could work with his partner only few weeks. He needs to live from sport, maybe had not many offers to become a model so he went back to indoor vball and he will be nice for a while. But let's wait maybe one more season, old Martini will come back. Bagnoli is a great coach, but you can't change someones nature.
Nena17IT 18 1
12 years ago
I think that if Parodi return to play like before his injury, he is better than Martino.
KjeldhorIT 1059 17
12 years ago
+2
Martino is better then Parodi in physic and tecnique, but he got a big problem, his mind....

(this year whit Bagnoli he impruved a lot his team work)
RevanExtasisPT 746 11
12 years ago
+1
matteo martino >parodi
KjeldhorIT 1059 17
12 years ago
no, cause Martino quarreled whit Berruto and Savani last year in Macerata ?
raylightBG 3006 15
12 years ago
No Matteo Martino?
Nena17IT 18 1
12 years ago
On the list for World League 2011 there were ALZATORI - Baranowicz, Boninfante, Falaschi, Travica.
OPPOSTI - Lasko, Sabbi, Vettori.CENTRALI - Barone, Birarelli, Buti, Cester, De Togni, Mazzone, Patriarca.SCHIACCIATORI - Della Lunga, Dolfo, Kovar, Maruotti, Parodi, Rosso, Savani, Zaytsev.LIBERI - Bari, Colaci, De Pandis.
In the end there isn't a lot of new, some of this players played in the second national team and someone was called in the national team for the european championship or the world cup.
So the first call is just for De Marchi, Lanza and Rossini!
ZytaPL 1332 11
12 years ago
+1
They are not first calls for Falaschi and Cester.
EdoKaglieIT 432 4
12 years ago
The return of Papi ... and the first call for Falaschi, Vettori, Patriarca, Cester, De Marchi, Lanza and Rossini! ?
I expected Colaci!

My starting line-up: Travica - Lasko - Savani, Zaytsev (Parodi) - Birarelli (Fei), Mastrangelo - Bari (Giovi)
I would like to see Lanza and De Marchi! ?
ZytaPL 1332 11
12 years ago
+1
One bad season doesn't make Boninfante worse than Baranowicz, people. Michele for now is just okay. When it comes to setting Dante is not worse than Dragan, I would say even better. Besides remember that we are talking about Olympics. Baranowicz has no experience to go there.
pearlITAuthor 1003 11
12 years ago
Kjeld: Colaci is not in Berruto's list! btw i also like him better than Bari.

About our second setter: i'm going to say a mad thing i know, but i would like Falaschi to be our second setter. But since i'm perfectly aware that such thing will never happen, i agree with you: Michele is definetely better than Boninfante (stronger in serve and block).
KjeldhorIT 1059 17
12 years ago
Colaci instead of Bari?
ZytaPL 1332 11
12 years ago
For Olympics? People, please...
camnowPL 380 4
12 years ago
About setter..the second could be Baranowicz...Young guy but not bad..
marchstIT 244 2
12 years ago
Giovi i don't like it!
Rossini is good but young!
Bari is good in receiving less in defense!

With Parodi and Zaitsev i would play Rossini!
With Savani would play Bari!

Second setter for me Baranowicz!
pearlITAuthor 1003 11
12 years ago
+3
@HCLT: my choice for the libero position? Giovi at the moment or Rossini (who didn't play bad this season). Also De Pandis is not bad, but he's not in the list!
And I agree with you about the line-up you gave to Camnow, my only doubt is Savani/Parodi.

@Kjeldhor: i think that HCLT is right (OMG i always agree with him..it is quite worrying, isn't it??). I also think that Mauro doesn't want Papi to start as first-string and play a whole match or mamy matches in a row. But Samu can be a valid sub in case of crisis, when one of our spikers doesn't work.

But the big question is: who's gonna be the second setter? Boninfante or Baranowicz??
KjeldhorIT 1059 17
12 years ago
+2
probably is the most tecnique in that group, but he still miss physic to play a lot of matches in a row
camnowPL 380 4
12 years ago
+2
And good reception ? @HLCT in Italy...Im very curious how Berruto will compose this squad ?)))
KjeldhorIT 1059 17
12 years ago
Berruto is wise to ignore Marra and wise to call Papi? (and i'm surprise to don't see Meoni)

no.. i think he played whit some dices
kristoffPL 161 3
12 years ago
+1
Samuele Papi, i can't believe it ? This guy is almost 40, but he still can spike with 60% efficiency ? He's a playing legend ?
pearlITAuthor 1003 11
12 years ago
+4
@Zyta: I've read that interview (I mean Google Translator allowed me to read that interview LOL) 'cause my friend Overlook here sent me the link. That's why i say that imo there must be some kind of problem between Vermiglio and Berruto. I'm happy to see Falaschi in the list again 'cause i like this guy, but i already know that his name will be the first to be screen out from the final list of whatever tournament we will have to play in the following months.
For me, it's a big mistake...and i'm not saying that because Valerio is one of my fav player but 'cause with Mastro he is the only "senator" (we call this way those players with a long career and a lot of experience) that Italy squad really needs; this Russian experience has changed him a lot, he is more humble now and i think he could be willing to be a second-string in NT if necessary.

@HCLT: I agree that Alessandro Paparoni is better than Bari (but my opinion about him is not exactly objective since i prefer other players) and he played pretty well this season. Unfortunately for Alessandro playing in such a weak team as MRoma is won't help him to gain NT once more.
As regards Papi: i've got a nice story to tell about him when he played in A1 with Falconara and he was 17. He often played truant 'cause he only cared about volleyball and his coach at that time (Paolini if i'm not wrong) was forced to bring him to school and he also had to threaten Samu he wolud have left him out of the team if he hadn't focus on studying too. LOL
RevanExtasisPT 746 11
12 years ago
what about mirko corsano XD for me the best libero for italy in the 90s and the begining of 2000s Pappaporonis is a shiat XD bari is the best because he plays and all people knows if you play in trentino you are one of the best XD
ZytaPL 1332 11
12 years ago
+3
Vermiglio said in the interview for one polish website after Final Four that he has been waiting for call form Berruto, but he ignored him basically. But Valerio says he is still a good player, but if he can't play in NT, CL is the biggest tournament he can get now.
vatreniME 275 12
12 years ago
+3
Papi is back! great news. he is a volleyball legend.
Fadhel AbbasBH 1513 14
12 years ago
Where is Vermiglio
Why not with them !!
marchstIT 244 2
12 years ago
I believe that Berruto see holder Travica. Vermiglio to make the reserve of Travica i do not see it.
pearlITAuthor 1003 11
12 years ago
+3
@oioi: I think there is. Valerio has said many times that he's willing to do whatever is necessary to be in NT once again. Moreover i know that last year there was a sort of deal between him and Berruto: he would have renounced to NT for the World League to let Berruto try new and younger players but then he would have joined the team again for ECH and WC. But if Berruto goes on calling Boninfante (OMG) in lieu of Valerio, evidently, doesn't want him.
oioiPL 370 5
12 years ago
Is there some conflict between Berruto and Vermiglio? Powerfull team except for the setter position. And it's surprising to see Samuele Papi ?
Volleyball clubs reviewsWhat are the opinions about volleyball clubs?Read reviewsVolleyball clubs reviews
What are the opinions about volleyball clubs?Read reviews