Olympic qualification Sofia - discussion

1 2 3 »

NightFox 1457
vatreni 275 12
11 years ago
I think that Bulgaria is favorite number 1. My predictions for the semis Bulgaria- Germany and Serbia- Italy?
Sllaveq 790 10
11 years ago
Same as vaterani.. But surprises are possible..
kuba9426 441 7
11 years ago
I think Italy win the qualification
Someone 875 10
11 years ago
Yeah. I don't know the exact situation, but for me rather Italy is a favorite. Maybe I am wrong... But it is all known that Bulgaria and Italy are the strongest teams.
zver 995 13
11 years ago
Italy, Germany and Bulgaria are the strongest teams, but whole tournament should be very interesting ?
kristoff 161 3
11 years ago
+2
Italy and Bulgaria are favorites, but Germany is really strong too. Serbia and Finland are unpredictable
NightFoxAuthor 1457 14
11 years ago
+1
Zhekov injured his leg this morning - he'll play on medications.
NightFoxAuthor 1457 14
11 years ago
Vlado Nikolov injured too
Aelinn 166 3
11 years ago
Well, I cheer for Serbia, but I don't think they have big chances here. Though they always fight till the end, so who knows. But the lack of Miljkovic could be too much for this team.
ivolley44 107 5
11 years ago
Vlado won't play today because of an injury in the eye
Sllaveq 790 10
11 years ago
It's not sure..
phoenix09 61 2
11 years ago
I would wait before saying Italy is one of the favorites... I didn't like what I saw against Finland today. Especially reception,Bari did mistakes on the easiest balls. I hope it wasn't ""his"" day,but most of all because of him Italy couldn't play at its levels. But I would say the whole team was a little bit "switched-off". We'll see what they'll do against Germany,which is maybe the strongest team in our pool.
marchst 244 2
11 years ago
They all played with the feet!!!!!
Aelinn 166 3
11 years ago
Phoenix - why didn't Berutto take Giovi? IMHO better than Bari, who has never amazed me...
phoenix09 61 2
11 years ago
@Aelinn I really don't know,Giovi played well in the world cup in Japan (as I remember he was MVP against Brazil!!!) and I expected Berruto would have brought him to Sofia.. Today I saw a really questionable Bari,in trouble even with float serves..
Aelinn 166 3
11 years ago
Well, he must have had a reason, though I can't see it ?
phoenix09 61 2
11 years ago
Aelinn - I only hope it's a good one :\
marchst 244 2
11 years ago
What has it done Giovi throughout the championship?

A day retort can happen at all,see you next.
Aelinn 166 3
11 years ago
Sure, marchst, and for your sake I hope this was only one bad day. But I'm generally not impressed by Bari. I didn't see the whole game today, so I can't express my opinion about his play in this particular game. Just asked what happened to Giovi, cause I thought you would be better informed ?
phoenix09 61 2
11 years ago
To tell the truth,I haven't followed him much in this season,but I saw him in the World Cup and he played quite well.. I have nothing against Bari,in fact I wrote before that I hope it wasn't just his day
AndreaTN 79 3
11 years ago
+2
i think the biggest italian's problem is Travica....
Aelinn 166 3
11 years ago
Agreed, Andrea, definitely agreed... What's the reason behind Berutto's complete resignation from Vermiglio? Age, difficult temper or what? He surely plays better than Travica...
AndreaTN 79 3
11 years ago
Vermiglio has a difficult temperament .. and perhaps can not handle it .. Mastrangelo and together with other strong personalities. TRavica is a good player when you have perfect reception.... but when he has to dig from 3,4,5 meter ... he is not accurate ...
Sllaveq 790 10
11 years ago
+1
Bratoev did great job today.. I hope Niki Nikolov's injury isn't something serious..
NightFoxAuthor 1457 14
11 years ago
+1
I'm surprised by Bratoev (the setter), he showed a big grow up today and now I see that he can be part of the future.
OyeaH 158 3
11 years ago
+2
Well, Bratoev's game tonight helped me realize something - Zhekov really sucks...I attended all matches today and there are few things I have to say:
First of all Grozer is f'n beast...Germany are very strong and well organized team.Hope to see them in the finals.
"Suomi"(aka Finland) fans really surprised me.Despite not having big success in this sport they are just awesome.Well done!Great game which Italy did not deserved to win.
Great day for all valleyball fans in Bulgaria which finished with good win for our team.Cant wait for the game with Serbia!
casamodena 505 4
11 years ago
+2
I remember Vermiglio had discussion with Berruto. Unfortunately this coach has a strong temperament as well and firstly is the one who makes choice about players to get in his team, so clearly Vermiglio is out of his mind because of that. Otherwise it'd be weird not to let join the nt the setter of last Champions' League winners, wouldn't it?
About Italy's match vs Finland, I think we underrated our opponent a bit, and after that first won set we thought to take an easy 3-0 win. That's noticeable imho from drastic lowering in attention to our reception and defense phase stating from the 2nd. Match result totally lies.
@AndreaTN I think at this level almost every setter could make good job with ++ reception and good spikers. Other thing is rather to do so when your mates are just scared even by float serves just like Bari (the libero!!). I'm not able to say how much mid-difficulty floating serves nearly HIT him and our backwards players. Well,playing a whole game in these condition forces your setter to do a super work (and I agree Travica's not very skilled in that)
Sure it is we must change many things if we want chances to win against this Germany.
bitka 673 10
11 years ago
can you tell me for which teams this tournament is last chance to qualify to olimpics?
AndreaTN 79 3
11 years ago
one question... if Italy will win this tournament ... wich NT will play in Verona in June ?
thanx
casamodena 505 4
11 years ago
Pakistan, one between FRA and CZE and other two coming from CSV,CAF and NORCECA who did not get direct pass to London in their continental championships/ qualifying round (being played on these weeks)
AndreaTN 79 3
11 years ago
Germany - Finland 3-1 no match.. only in the third set!
bitka 673 10
11 years ago
AndreaTN - i have to disagree 1st and 2nd set also were very good! few nice long rally, atomic attacks, many blocks

Germany so far presents good shape. i'm curious how they will do with stronger opponents like Italy or Bulgaria
Sllaveq 790 10
11 years ago
Great match tonight..I didn't expect to be so easy.. at least it looked so.
Teodor Todorov was just awesome! MVP Ofc. <3
Aelinn 166 3
11 years ago
Congrats, Bulgaria! Though I have to say I'm a little sad as Serbia is one of my favourite teams ;-( Sounds like it was an amazing game for the Bulgarian NT. I didn't have a chance to watch it. Are there any stats somewhere?
casamodena 505 4
11 years ago
+2
Todorov 10! blocks! Monster! How much I like this young blocker!
Aelinn 166 3
11 years ago
I've looked on the stats and... Can someone tell me what happened to Stankovic? They guy ended the game with no points at all... Did he play the whole match?
Bravo Todorov in block! Amazing performance in that element (I'm judging by stats, so have mercy on me ?). Not so good in spike, though.
bitka 673 10
11 years ago
Atanasijevic 44% ?! i was sure it will be sth like 29% ?
NightFoxAuthor 1457 14
11 years ago
+1
Terrible game by Serbia ... bulgarians didn't show anything special except Todorov and we just took advantage of the opponent's mistakes. Todorov amazing ... 3 sets - 10 blocks and he was like a wall ... Think again why Stankovic didn't score a point.
Aelinn 166 3
11 years ago
Well, still, Nightfox, Stankovic is a good MB and I would expect that even with Todorov apparently having his day in blocking Dragan would finish a few spikes ? Must have really played terribly. Plus, did Todorov score all 10 blocks on Serbian MBs? ?
vatreni 275 12
11 years ago
Bulgaria played very sure. We were terrible I do not now what is the reason. I think that Bulgaria has very good chances in London, because they players are very long time together and they mature. Except that, they have great players which is important thing for success?
casamodena 505 4
11 years ago
+4
Well done Italy!
tomdoki 136 4
11 years ago
+1
Why Starovic sits on bench? Sorry, but I'm not up on Serbia team. ?
NightFoxAuthor 1457 14
11 years ago
+3
I expect the 1/2 finals to be:
Bulgaria - Germany
Italy - Serbia

It will be very interesting both matches.
Aelinn 166 3
11 years ago
@tomdoki He had an injury and he's still not in the best form. He slowly gains it back. That's why Atanasijevic plays as opposite number 1.
11 years ago
Cannot believe Serbia lost 3-0 to Bulgaria
casamodena 505 4
11 years ago
+2
@MasterOPuppets I add to your request about replay of that Grozer's atomic serve.
About final, me too I see Blugaria vs Italy but in a 50-50 chance. Bulgarians can rely on their fans and class of their leading players, Kaziyski and Nikolov, but Imho Italy has a more uniform skill distribution whithin the players, and if they're not in a bad day like against Finland, they can fight on equal terms. It would be definitely an awesome match.
Go Italy!
casamodena 505 4
11 years ago
+1
Vermiglio argued with Berruto, so likely no chance ever for him until we have this coach, and 'cause his age, I think he won't be in the nt anymore. Savani comes from a recent injury. Birarelli also had small problems due to a long season, and probably he needed rest to fully recover. I think Fei did a great work instead, not way worse than Birarelli could do.
Travica has incredible inconstancy in his performances, but actually he's the best we can have for Italy nt.
pearl 1003 11
11 years ago

Parodi in my opinion just sucks

I could kill you only for this statement boy LOL Parodi is probably the best player provided by the poor Italian movement in the last 7 years! And he's hell of a player...trust me!! Unluckly for him, he had a very bad injury last season that heavily affected his performance so far...but he seems he's getting his shape now.
About Vermiglio, you're 100% right! But my opinion about it is pretty clear to everyboby on this forum 'cause i've written it many times.
phoenix09 61 2
11 years ago
All I can say about Italy's yesterday match is that Mastrangelo was a monster on blocks and Zaytsev a monster at serves LOL
Daniel_e92 51 3
11 years ago
+2
I was so angry during the match between Italy and Finland. Bari can't play in national team. So far i've watched all the matches in this competition and according to what i've seen, liberos in other national teams are three or four steps above Andrea. I'm sorry to admit that, but he shouldn't be in our NT.
camnow 380 4
11 years ago
Final Italy vs Bulgaria? I guess ? What was wrong with Bari?
Daniel_e92 51 3
11 years ago
+3
What's not wrong with Bari? ?
marchst 244 2
11 years ago
What had Bari?
casamodena 505 4
11 years ago
+2
Movie makers, get ready to make another "Grozer devasting serves" video. Unfortunately for Bulgaria, he's in a good day at the serve just like against Italy.
Go Germany! Go Bulgaria! And let the best win!
Basil 47 1
11 years ago
+1
The match was great! Grozer and Kaziysky were the best in their teams. I thought that Bulgaria win, but Germany was stronger mentally. Bulgarians gave up too early. I wish good luck to Germany in final.
raylight 3006 15
11 years ago
+2
Poor Kaziyski. He didn't deserve that. I hope for the next qualifier Bulgaria will have full team without health problems to have chances. I didn't expect to win a set without Zhekov and we won 10. And still could win vs Germany before this long series of fails in attack after good reception of Grozer's service.
Sllaveq 790 10
11 years ago
Master, Matey couldn't recieve Grozer's serve, Skrimov could but no one in atack.. still rado's mistake.. About Zhekov, the doctors said to Rado (Stoytchev said that) that Zhekov can't play!!! His pain has returned so.. he couldn't change Bratoev..
11 years ago
+2
Germany showed volleyball on a really high level tonight. Not only Grozer - all did well. They played perfect at defence and serve and after that it wasn't so hard for Tischer to make their attack easier. I agree that Stoychev made a few questionable substitutions but the fact is that we gave up too early. After all I think that we are able to get to London at the next qualifications but it wouldn't be easy. I'm very happy for Penchev, Skrimov and Bratoev - they did better than I expected especially Bratoev. And from me one big congratulations for Germany, wish them luck on the final.
ivolley44 107 5
11 years ago
+1
well it's hard to talk after this match.If Bulgaria had taken the 3rd set(they had 2 pts advantage and good reception on Grozer's serve) the would have won the match.But it happens.That's why we love volleyball.And for the Bulgarians who watched Italy-Serbia with the BNT commenatry- Зайцев има нова прическа ?

1 2 3 »

Temporarily disabled
Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking