PlusLiga is extended with two new clubs

Someone 875
2013-06-18 • 4053 views • 11 replies
PlusLiga is extended with two new clubs: Czarni Radom and BBTS Bielsko-Biała- two first places respectively of the First League in Poland in season 2012/2013 (second league after Plusliga). It is very good decision for the clubs. The highest Polish professional league, Plusliga, is a union of clubs (like NBA). Decision of acceptation of the new clubs was made by Plusliga supervisory board.

The information is confirmed by official Plusliga site:
http://www.plusliga.pl/news/id/7421

What do You think: Is it a good decision? Can Plusliga stand the difficulties connected with the new clubs? Would it be increasement of the level? Would Plusliga be more interesting to watch?

#BBTSBielskoBiala #Plusliga201314 #CerradEneaCzarniRadom

PlusLiga is extended with two new clubs
Nagor 1445 14
10 years ago
Of course it is great decision. Our 'closed' league was boring, nobody fall to 1st league and 1st league was senceless, cause nobody could go to PLS.

But I am afraid, and I am almost sure that polsat will not show more matches in tv... I dream about three matches per round, but this season was 1 match/round... WOOW!
Mihau 39 3
10 years ago
Nagor leauge is still closed but it's bigger (2 new clubs).
12 teams in leauge it's perfect size but 2 new clubs will be very weak in first sesons.
zver 995 13
10 years ago
3 matches per round it would be awsome, but im almost sure that its impossible ?
SomeoneAuthor 875 10
10 years ago
@Mihau
I don't think they're very week. The clubs would be compareable to Olsztyn, Częstochowa and now Effector. There should be outsiders in league too. They should fight for the best results and try to improve for the next season.
In NBA there are 30 teams and some of them can't fight with the top clubs, but it's obvious.
Mihau 39 3
10 years ago
I think all of us want strong but firstly even leauge. You're right - new clubs will be fighting with AZS Częstochowa or AZS Politechnika but overall level of Plusliga go down ?
SomeoneAuthor 875 10
10 years ago
Why do You think that overall level would go down? Our top clubs will be stronger: Resovia, Skra, Zaksa on the same level, JW (don't know yet). More even league doesn't mean stronger.
zver 995 13
10 years ago
+1
I heard, that Czarni will have bigger budget than half of the league, so they can buy some good players
Mihau 39 3
10 years ago
@Someone
It will be 4 strong clubs, 4 middle clubs and 4 weak clubs. Thats closer to Turkish leauge than Italian leauge. 2 good leauges but Italian is lot more interesting cause level of clubs is similar.
SomeoneAuthor 875 10
10 years ago
I don't think so. The weekest clubs in Italian league don't even have a chance to win for example with Trentino Volley. Only by an accident. The clubs which are a little bit worse like: Gdańsk, Delecta can fight with the best clubs and also lose with PW or Effector.

It is a great opportunity for the young players. We have also must close Youth League and give a chance for young players to challange with professionals and earn real money in First League like other players.
kristoff 161 3
10 years ago
+2
I come from Bielsko, so I'm very happy that we will play in Plus Liga next season ? However it will be difficult with any great budget as we have BKS Aluprof in Orlen Liga, Podbeskidzie in football Ekstraklasa and Rekord in futsal Ekstraklasa. There are not so many big sponsors for all these clubs. I gues Piotrek Gruszka will come back to us, Mateusz Mika would be probably also interested in playing so close to his hometown, but he is in Montpellier now. Besides, I think it is ridiculous that the decision came so late. Currently there not many valuable players on the market...
10 years ago
+1
More new teams will make it interesting to watch and there will also be a greater chance for players to play in Poland
Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking