+2
2021-04-10 • 1777 weergaven • 9 replies

I think there is unclarity in how the Olympic Qualification Tournament for 2016 are currently listed on Volleybox.

The World Olympic Qualification Tournament series have always been held for each Olympic game, including 2016 Rio, starting from 1964.

The Olympics Qualifications on Volleybox presents the information for the aforementioned World OQT series: 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012. However, the 2016 page instead shows the European Olympic Qualification Tournament. If we follow the precedence, the The Olympics Qualifications 2016 page should be replaced with this: World Olympic Qualification 2016. There is already an European Olympic Qualification 2016 page, so I suggest that the current OQT for 2016 be deleted, and the World Olympic Qualification 2016 be changed to replace it.

I hope what I wrote made sense.

S…k 717 16
2 jaar geleden
+2

You're totally right, I already fixed it for the men's volleyball, as well as re-organizing all the Olympic qualifications tournements.
It would be nice to do the same for women.

breakingiceAuthor 20 4
2 jaar geleden
+1

@Sherlock Is the administrator the only person that can edit this? Only the tournament information needs to be swapped.

S…k 717 16
2 jaar geleden

@breakingice Yes, I don't think I can do that. I think it should be done manually… it's not that long though.

breakingiceAuthor 20 4
2 jaar geleden
+1

@Sherlock I have edited the awards section for The Olympics Qualifications 2016, but I don't have the authority to edit the matches, teams, or date of the tournament. How can this be solved?

John Doe 129 24
2 jaar geleden
+3

@breakingice I accepted your awards, corrected the tournaments standings for both European Olympic Qualification 2016 and The Olympics Qualifications 2016, re-added all of the matches and transferred all of the movies to the correct tournaments and removed the World Olympic Qualification 2016 tournament which would be the duplicate of The Olympics Qualifications 2016. It should be fine now.

breakingiceAuthor 20 4
2 jaar geleden
+3

@pedeshtrian Thank you! This problem had been bugging me for the past few weeks, so it's great to see the problem resolved. Much thanks

John Doe 129 24
2 jaar geleden
+2

@breakingice You're welcome. I also noticed that in the men's side, the matches of the CEV Olympic Qualification 2016 are still on the The Olympics Qualifications 2016. Those matches and also the movies that are connected to the matches should be transferred to the European qualification tournament. I will fix it soon, tonight or tomorrow.

breakingiceAuthor 20 4
2 jaar geleden
+1

@pedeshtrian Is it also possible to alter the tournament ratio for the OQTs?

All of the olympic qualification tournaments, with the exception of the European one, has no tournament ratio/ranks. I am aware that this value is set by a global administrator and is a measure of prestige. I think that the World OQT could be raised at a similar level as the European one, as strong teams from worldwide come to participate. 

John Doe 129 24
2 jaar geleden
+1

@breakingice You're right. I gave 1.00 tournament rank to all 5 women's Olympic qualifications, same as the men's.

Temporarily disabled
Ontvang volleybal vacaturesBen je op zoek naar een nieuwe volleybalclub?Ontvang vacaturesOntvang volleybal vacatures
Ben je op zoek naar een nieuwe volleybalclub?Ontvang vacatures