The Croatian national team player ended her career at the age of 25: One chapter closes, another begins

The Croatian national team player ended her career at the age of 25: One chapter closes, another begins

uwit 2024-05-12 • 94 wyświetleń

"I'm finishing my studies in game development and programming," wroted. She played for the Croatian national team, European champions Barcelona, and one former coach said: " She is the best young coach in Europe."

After years of collecting and lifting balls and forming unbreakable bonds on the court, I will hang up my volleyball shoes. Volleyball has been much more than a game for me since I started this adventure at the age of 10 and became a professional player at the age of 18. It didn't always go smoothly, but I say goodbye satisfied and grateful.

#KlaraPerić  decided to end her volleyball career when she was only 25 years old. Everyone's sports life is different, Klarin's unfortunately turned out to be very short.

Just last summer a woman from Vinkovci in Zagreb won the League of Nations with the Croatian national team and at the age of 18 she set off from Mladost for the current European champion Casalmaggiore.

- Casalmaggiore won the Champions League a few months ago and had a great team. And when I entered the locker room among these players for the first time, I said "wow". We also played in the final of the World Club Championship and I had the chance to be the first coach due to American Lloyd's injury at the end of the season. Ah, a wonderful season that I always remember fondly and where I also learned some of the basics of the Italian language. But then the club changed its vision, I couldn't even play because of the foreign quota and I left - had told us before.

Europe's best young technician

The road took her to Barcelona.
- I lived right next to Camp Nou. Even though I am not a football fan, of course I did not forget to visit the stadium. However, I got injured there and unfortunately I often went to the medical center, which is one of the best in Europe and where all the athletes in the club, football players, basketball players, handball players come... Messi? I didn't even manage to see Messi. Unfortunately, I couldn't stay in Barcelona until the end because of my shoulder pain and I returned to Zagreb for surgery.

The first of two in a short time. Vasja Samec, then coach of Slovenia GEN-I, said: "Klara is the best young technician in Europe". However, he could not develop this potential, spent the season in Finland and then returned to Mladost, where she played her last match at the end of April and won the championship.

"A page is closing and a new one is opening," wrote Klara, who will focus on programming and game development in her new career. She has one year of university left.

https://www.24sata.hr/sport/hrvatska-reprezentativka-s-25-godina-zavrsila-karijeru-jedno-se-poglavlje-zatvara-ide-drugo-932283

0 komentarzy

Ranking najlepszych siatkarek w historiiKto jest najlepszą siatkarką w historii?Zobacz ranking siatkarekRanking najlepszych siatkarek w historii
Kto jest najlepszą siatkarką w historii?Zobacz ranking siatkarek