“MINCHANKA” IS THE TEN-TIME CHAMPION OF THE REPUBLIC OF BELARUS

“MINCHANKA” IS THE TEN-TIME CHAMPION OF THE REPUBLIC OF BELARUS

uwit 2024-05-18 • 165 views

Translations: BY

“Minchanka” is a brand. On May 11, within the walls of the Uruchye Sports Palace, our girls confirmed these words once again. The team became ten-time champions of the Republic of Belarus. This is the eighth consecutive title.

Our team's path to the gold medal started with the 1/2 final at the Russian Championship, due to its performance throughout the season. Our girls' opponent was the Mogilev team “Kommunalnik”. This streak lasted up to three wins. As befits Minsk, the girls successfully passed this milestone, winning all three matches. The opponent in the final is already traditional: Brest “Pribuzhye”. Memories of the failure in the Cup match with Natalya Melyanyuk's team, who later fought with “Minchanka” in three matches, were still fresh in my mind. But today the team proved that it rightfully holds the title of last champion, and that match was a fatal accident.

The final series was also held to three wins. The start was made in Brest, where the first two matches were played. The first match made all the fans very nervous. Then “Pribuzhye” took the first set but could not maintain the initiative. The match ended with Minsk winning 3:1. The second match started confidently and the capital team took their second victory in the series with a score of 3:0.

Our team had no equality today. Winning its third closing victory, “Minsk” guaranteed the championship for another season. As part of the closing ceremony of the 2022-2023 game season, the players who were best in their roles were awarded. Our volleyball players were deemed worthy of four personal awards:

The best setter – #LizavetaBahayeva 
Best blocker – #AlenaLaziuk 
Best libero – #ViktoryiaHaniyeva 
Best striker – #TatsianaMarkevich 

Also, blocker Elena Lozyuk was awarded a special award for the best player according to our partner OJSC Belinvestbank. We would like to thank our players and technical staff for their work!

Comment from Minsk senior coach #SiarheiKuzniatsou :

It's always nice to win, so the emotions are positive. We defended very well technically and served very well. And no matter how hard I tried psychologically to make the team, it was still difficult. Somewhere in their minds they have the idea that they are stronger and that sooner or later we will win. This makes it a little difficult to adapt from the first balls. But the mood was still there. I think the episode was quite entertaining for the viewers. The first match was very difficult for us. It would have been difficult if we hadn't won. I can't say we would lose, but it would be difficult. Therefore, the series is not simple.

#BelarussianLeague202223 #MinchankaMinsk

0 comments

Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking